Answered By: Rebecca Daly
Last Updated: Sep 23, 2016     Views: 44

To fully promote research excellence, UOW aims to maintain a full collection of publications authored by all its staff.

If you have authored scholarly publications whilst at another university or research organisation, then for initiatives such as ERA it is important that this work is recorded in the University Research Information System (RIS).

The scholarly outputs of UOW are recorded within RIS, which is used for reporting research publications to the Government and for internal reporting purposes. Research publications in RIS are also made available online via Research Online, the University’s institutional repository. As a new staff member at UOW, include your publications in RIS (including publications you authored before joining UOW) by forwarding your CV (list of publications) to the Scholarly Content Team in the Library - email This will ensure your publications are captured in University reporting exercises, such as HERDC and ERA.

For further help in managing your publications in RIS and RO, contact the Library’s Scholarly Content team - email or phone ext 5109.

Related Topics