Answered By: Anthony Rice Last Updated: Feb 06, 2018 Views: 53
When you are writing a piece of work and use someone else's words or ideas you must reference them.
This means that you need to include detailed information on all sources consulted, both within your text (in-text citations) and at the end of your work (reference list or bibliography).
- Is crucial to successful research.
- Helps the reader to find the original source if they wish.
- Improves your writing skills
- Adds authenticity to your argument.
- Shows that you have read widely.
- Can help you get better marks.
See our Referencing and Citing Guide for help with UOW Harvard (Author-Date), AGLC, APA 6 and Footnoting.